Nov 8, 2007

WoW!!!Melbourne Cup 2007

I was experienced for first time ever of Melbourne Cup "during" class.I have been to Sha Tin racecourse(沙田馬場) in Hong Kong with my sister.That is the first chance I have been able to see horses racing in person when I have been watching on TV broadcasting for many times.But,on Tuesday(November 6th),the experience I have for watching horse racing is very amazing and special.I wish I am able to share pictures I took in few seconds by my cellphone during that short 10 minutes.Unfortunately,I couldn't do it.In fact,I don't know how to get my pictures out of cellphone.Ha!!

All the staff and teachers were dressed up pretty and most people gambled on that Melbourne Cup.The first class in the afternoon even was finished 15 minutes earlier in order to let every student have chances for watching it.The school even set up one big room with big screen setting up for that.Full of people in that room cheer up and root for his bid so loudly.You can smell that excitement and catch it.This is the first time I actually get to understand the magic power of horse racing.The teacher even told us the people live in Melbourne have one day off for Melbourne Cup.WoW!!!!

Just in case,you guys are wondering now.I didn't gamble on that because of lack of luck from me.
One of my friend in the class did won 5 Australian dollars.By the way,this is the info of the winner of Melbourne Cup 2007.I find this info from http://www.melbournecup.com/.If you guys are interested in,you can go to their official website.

placing horse margin starting Price weight jockey trainer barrier time prize money
1st Efficient(NZ)
$17 54.5 M Rodd Graeme Rogerson 9 3-23.34 3100000
2nd Purple Moon(IRE) 0.5 $5.50 53.5 D Oliver Luca Cumani 13
750000
3rd Mahler(GB) 3 $10 50.5 S Baster Aidan O'Brien 6
375000

No comments: